Saturday, April 30, 2016

Spring Snippets


Snippets of Stuff: 
This weekend I'm helping put on a fund-raiser, moving all my stuff out of my cabin so I can begin 2 months of commuting/couch-surfing, and studying for a 3-hour exam I have next week. 

(Next week I also have to write a 10-page research paper describing the research I've done on my community, give a presentation at a local high school (as part of the research I'll be then writing about), plus meet with a group of students and faculty from another med school curious about the program I'm in, as well as clinic and emergency room work. :D)

That said, I'm falling in love with everything I'm doing and more excited than ever about what's ahead and desperately wanting Med-Peds to be my future. :D 

Snippets of Story:
{these few from Rebel Queen, another story in my time travel/martyr series}
~
    Silver did not look at her. “Answer my questions, and if I cannot believe you, I will cut your throat, if I have to kill her to do it.”
   “Echo Fire.” 
   The words caught the shattering in [Echo's] chest. She looked at him, saw the thing like fear flickering behind his eyes, and slowly withdrew her kardas, watching as that thing disappeared into nothingness as the naked blade in Silver’s hand came to rest against his throat. What manner of man was this, to look pain, if not death, unflinching in the face, and yet nearly to tremble at any danger to herself? 
~
   “Our rebel king,” Kang-Dae said, and there was pride in his leader singing through his voice. There was half a second of hesitation that followed, and when he spoke again, carefully not looking at her, there something that in any other creature she would have called nervousness. “Are you to be our queen?”
~
    "Veni, Vide, Amavi," [he] whispered, and a dead language had never been more alive. "It was written into my DNA that my love and loyalty once given are given forever."
    [Phoenix's] grey eyes glittered like a storm at dawn. "Then still you bow to Amon."
    A tremor shivered through him in response, more felt than seen, and Echo wondered if any besides herself had recognized it. "My love was never his. He wrote the code but could not use it."
   "And yet you have not killed him." Phoenix's voice was a whisper-edged blade.

Snippets of Scripture:
 For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely. They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush.
Reading through Jeremiah...and finding it hugely depressing and not particularly relevant...and then I realized I was finding it so depressing because it was /so/ relevant and making me think of my country right now. Which is giving me a whole new perspective on what I'm reading...we'll see if I come up with enough to write a post on... 
Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Snippets of Song:
{a newly discovered one}



Snippets of Song Joon Ki: 
{Haha, couldn't resist. This is a tv show massively famous on the Eastern side of the world. I thought you should be aware. XD}

2 thoughts shared:

Ashton said...

So glad to see you post again!! *cheers*

Med-Peds means Pediatrics, perhaps??

And the snippets from Rebel Queen sound exciting. *excited giggle*

Katherine Sophia said...

:D I've missed it! Crazy life... :)

I should do a post on it...but basically Med-Peds is a relatively new specialty which has a 4 year residency and I would be board certified in both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics - best of both worlds. :D It is harder to be accepted into such programs than into programs for Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or Family Medicine specialties, so lots of prayer and hard work in the next few months as I figure out whether I can do it or not. :)

Thanks! I'm enjoying writing little scenes whenever I can. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails