Sunday, January 3, 2016

Yada`


It has been a while since I memorized a chapter of the Bible. The one I was last working on just was not clicking, no matter how long I worked on it, and I wanted a chapter that really caught my attention. Last month Jeremiah 33 did so. Particularly verse 3.


Call [cry out - call aloud - roar - proclaim - pronounce - preach - call - summon - invite - implore - call together - appoint - praise - celebrate - call by name - name - call out - recite - be called - be summoned - be named - read aloud - dictate - muster an army] unto Me, and I will answer thee, and show [bring forward - be in front - bring to light - explain an enigma or a dream - announce - confess - profess openly - celebrate with praise - make known - betray - be announced - be shown - be told] thee great and mighty things [clip off - gather grapes - be isolated/inaccessible - cut off - fenced - fortify - gather - might things - restrain - strong - wall - withhold] which thou knowest [perceive - understand - acquire knowledge - know - discern - be known - cause to know - intimacy - be familiar - aware of - inform - announce - reveal oneself - appoint - order] not. 


Call unto Me. Invite Me. Be summoned unto Me. Be named unto Me. Be mine. I will answer you, and show/explain/make known/bring forward to you great and mighty/inaccessible/withheld things which you do not perceive, are not familiar with, do not understand, do not know in that most intimate of ways as you should. 


Call upon Him as He calls upon us...'you would not have called to me unless I had been calling to you'...and He will answer and reveal the the things we can't see or know without Him. Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness...So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off...He is a rewarder of them that diligently see Him...I am thy exceeding great reward...If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him...For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding...If thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

That last verse and Proverbs 8 makes fairly clear that Wisdom is a name for One of the Trinity.
Call/be called/seek Him to know Him...and He will show you Himself. 

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing...For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Why is the greatest of these charity? Because God Himself is Love. He is the God of hope, He gives faith and is the One we have faith in. But He is Love.  

Like Corinthians 13, this chapter says I could devote myself to so many other things. But if my desire is anything other than to know God...what is the point? I could be diligent, successful, and even wise...but if my end goal is not to be closer to Him and furthering His kingdom...it will all be vanity.

Yada', in Jeremiah 33. to know. The whole purpose and end of man, to know God and make Him known. All the rest falls to the side. To know the One who is Love...to know the One who is Life Eternal...Really, these past few years, I have been focusing on aspects of knowing Him. But I want this year simply to know Him. To know the people He has put in my life. To know HIs will for me. To make Him known. 

In 2015 each time I got to know people better -- every time I opened up, every time I shared my heart with someone, every time I tried to know someone better or let them know me, it was an incredible thing. Whether my mom or sister or friends or people I worked with...it's beautiful to have that knowing, that sharing, that understanding with another person. Even in ways you wouldn't expect -- I was in a lecture on "problem patients" and as I listened, all I could think was...but it could be simple. The solution is to know your patients. Know who they are and where they are coming from and these issues will become so much smaller.


This year...I want to know God more. I want to be seeking Him first to know Him. 





2016     yada'
יָדַע

1 thoughts shared:

Miss Melody Muffin said...

This is a beautiful and encouraging post, Kate. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails