Sunday, January 10, 2016

wise men seek Him still...


The magi came, asking of the King - for we have seen His star in the east, and are come to worship Him. They saw evidence for Him...and they sought Him, to worship Him. Not to become wiser, not for glory, not for political power...to worship Him. They only wanted Him. 
Stars, high priests, kings, and stars again brought them on their way...they found the one they looked for, and they worshiped Him. God showed Himself to them, both in the flesh before them as a Child and in their dreams with a warning for the future. 
Sometimes you must travel to other countries to see Him...sometimes He appears in your very dreams. In either instance, the magi wanted only to worship Him, and they immediately obeyed His direction. 
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

To know Him...obey Him.



{This, by the way, is my favorite Bible-in-a-year plan. :)}

0 thoughts shared:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails