Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Snazz 16

Once again time to take part in Alyssa's Snazzy Snippets...and this time the prompts are:

A snippet from page 16
or
A snippet of 16 words or fewer
or
A snippet about something NEW
e.g. a new year, new school, introducing a new person/character/setting, a new revelation



I'm going with:

A snippet of 16 words or fewer

{this one is from my Haunted story.}
“Help me, dragon-slayer,” he whispered, and the nagging retreated to the back of her mind.




A snippet about something NEW
{from Rebel Queen...a new character and a new revelation...}
[------] stretched out his hand, as if he would slow the gathering storm. “I have fought and bled with you. You have known who I am, if not what.”
The man crossed the room in two steps and there was no calming the storm within his eyes. “You are an accursed angel,” he said, and his voice caught in blinding pain. “And you are the monster that killed my wife.” His fist smashed into [------]’s face before Echo realized his intent.
[------]’s hands went back, stilling the chimeras behind him even as he gave to the blow. When he lifted his head, his eyes were bright with what Echo thought could only be tears.
“Andrei, I did not know,” he said softly, and Echo shuddered at the broken sorrow in his voice.
Andrei hit him again. “You killed her and you did not know,” he gasped, and grabbed hold of [------]’s shirt, knuckles whitening. 


2 thoughts shared:

Alyssa Carlier said...

Ooh, very very intriguing snippets! Anything with dragons + dragon-slayers is immediately my new favourite. Plus I love the line about killing someone and not knowing ;D

Thank you for linking up with us, Katherine!

Katherine Sophia said...

Thank you for having the link-up, Alyssa! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails