Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September Snippets


yes, of actual story this time. XD I haven't done any in a while. 





   “You’re him…” she whispered, feeling blackness swallow her voice, her thoughts, her very soul. 
   “You’re the angel from my nightmares.”
Contract to Time Travel II

____________________________


   
We chose you...we chose you...answer us....
   Fire-flashing eyes, faces at once fierce and beautiful, and their voices...ah, their voices...even as they tore at him, they filled him with a consuming hunger he could scarcely bear.
   We'll tell you a secret! a secret! a secret!
   The echoes rang within his head and he gasped at the hurt within. Yet the glory they promised was greater even than the pain they brought. 
Imperfecta

____________________________


"I don't care, you know," he said, glancing up at me from beneath that mess of pale, turquoise tinged hair.
More Than Houses Can Be Haunted
[novel inspired by a picture. and 11 weeks of working in a hospital. and a need to work through ethical problems by writing]

____________________________


   Forgive me, for I have sinned. 
   Nay, I cannot say father. Does this make my confession null and void? For then I need say no more. And yet…I think you must hear the whole of it before you pass judgment upon me. 
[King Arthur Rewritten, from Mordred's POV. Possibly set in China.]

____________________________

   No. He was screaming it, and yet all that could be heard was the chains rattling against the plexi. 
   The chimera was looking at the mirage,  directly through to the camera, aching resignation slowly passing over his face. 
   That look he had seen in a thousand dreams since.
   No!
Contract to Time Travel II

____________________________


   "He's dying, you know." The Fae King's voice was as insidiously beautiful as ever, only deeper, richer now. The body he had borrowed was shuddering, straining at the seams in its attempt to hold him within. 
   "It was his choice." And yet, he could be saved from the consequences of that choice. If the Westmoore heir wanted to save him. To save him, and to lose himself and the rest of the world beside. 
Imperfecta

____________________________


   “Maybe it’s normal growing up.”
   “Did you actually just use the world normal in talking about me?”
   He looked at her, a laughing smile twisting his lips. “You are one of the most normal things in my life, Fae.”  

Contract to Time Travel II


4 thoughts shared:

Ashton said...


“You’re him…” she whispered, feeling blackness swallow her voice, her thoughts, her very soul.
“You’re the angel from my nightmares.”

Oh my. That just stunned me. xD

Katherine Sophia said...

:) Thank you!

Christine Smith said...

*stares in awe and wonder and shock at CTTT2 snippets*
O_______O
Oh man.
My heart.
I cannot wait to read that thing.

"You are one of the most normal things in my life, Fae."
Literally that single sentence almost got tears in my eyes.

ALL these were so intriguing and gripping. Goodness, your stories, girl! I can't even handle all the uniqueness.

Katherine Sophia said...

:) I'm very excited to work on the sequel. Super extremely excited. XD
And thank you!! Now if I only had time to /write/ them and not just think of them... XD

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails