Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015


It's funny how choosing a word for 2015 was harder than years previous. I've thought a lot the past week about what God wants me to focus on. To learn and understand. To grow into this year.

One verse that has a bit of special meaning for my 2015 is 
There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty
Do you know what the "more than is meet" phrase translates as when you look it up? 
uprightness // straightness // honesty // duty // truth

What do we know of that can be scattered and yet increase, except for the Word that will not return void? Withholding truth that is your duty to tell tendeth to poverty for sure...and this year I want to increase. Not myself increasing, but as Paul said:
Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for [your] food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)
 I do not want to simply be better at this or that...I want the fruits of my righteousness to increase, my seed sown to multiply, and my own growth needs ministered to/dealt with. 
But for that to happen - I need to be ready to have my failings dealt with, to be ready for that Minister to hand me bread. I need to sow seed for it to be able to multiply. And I need to be righteous for that fruit to increase. 

If I withhold truth...If I continue to hang back when I could speak...(whether The Truth or a smaller one - silence tends so easily to poverty) how different will my 2015 be than if I scatter truth everywhere?

The words that I keep thinking of are

now
this moment
this instant in time

and 

forever
eternity
time everlasting

Now and Forever. 

Not simply focus and dream, like last year...but now. Living every moment in the now, wherever I am being all there, training my mind to focus, to concentrate, to leave out distractions, to ask again and again as the seconds pass what is it You would have me do in this moment? Abiding now, Obeying now, Truth-scattering now. Not at some later date. Now. And forever. How will now impact then
Living in now but for forever. 
Because only one life that will soon be past; only what's done for Christ will last. If my moments are not purposefully spent for eternity...are they not aimlessly spent for all eternity? The only things that matter are those that matter eternally...I want my moments to reflect that.





2 thoughts shared:

wisdomcreates said...

Thanks for the inspiration for my year...

Katherine Sophia said...

You are most welcome to the inspiration that was given! :) May you have a beautiful 2015!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails