Saturday, June 14, 2014

Beautiful People - Bae




So. There was a final coming up. And, per usual, I got a story in my head. (I don't think it's ever failed yet...) Where it will go I have no idea, but Bae quite embedded himself in my brain before I managed to lock down his story to get studying.
Thus, when I saw the return of Beautiful People...well, he was waiting to be announced. :) Here ya go.


1) What is their full name and is there a story behind why they got it? 

Francis William Westmoore.

and yes, there is a story. Despite his father's rebellion and subsequent running away and becoming a sailor and falling madly in love with one of the most Eastern of the Far East, he never wholly forgot his duty as Lord Westmoore's last remaining heir...so when his own son was born, he gave him his father's name.

The rest of the story is that Lord Westmoore hates the foreign blood who stole his name, and the foreign blood despises the man whose name he bears.

2) How old are they, and when were they born? 


How old are they when? Because the story jumps all over the place. I think in the earliest scene (so far) he is about 6. In chapter one he's 15...depending on which direction I take the story he might end up 25. But we will see.
And the story's not exactly historical...but you could think mid 1700s.

3) Describe their physical appearance. (Bonus questions: 1. What is their race/nationality/ethnicity? 2. Do you have a picture of them? If so, include it!) 


A picture is worth a thousand words...and his appearance plays a huge role in the story. As the story is so far all his POV, I haven't yet found the perfect way to describe him. (Thankfully, mirrors are not even an option, since he smashes them all.) Ethnicity is difficult to describe in a story not quite historical...but think English/Scottish father and Korean mother, and you'd be close. (He looks like his mother.)
Here's a picture. Which is more important than the description, because picture of him have been waiting for months, grouping together and demanding I write about them. I just finally got the story for them in my head. XD


how about a moving one that says an awful lot about his personality?



4) Describe your character's personality first in one word, and then elaborate with a few sentences

Shattered.

He hates his grandfather. He is angry with his parents for their mistake in thinking their love for each other would not hurt anyone else, and then he is angry with himself for thinking it. But mostly he is terrified of himself and so hates himself with a passion that would I think frighten anyone who knows him, were they to discover it.

5) What theme song(s) fit their personality and story arc?

At the moment this story is pictures, rather than music, but the closest thing I've found for him so far is this:


It's over, it's over, it's over:

It seems you can't hear me
When I open my mouth you never listen
You say stay, but what does that mean
Do you think I honestly want to be reminded forever

Don't waste your time trying to fix
What I want to erase
What I need to forget
Don't waste your time on me my friend
Friend, what does that even mean
I don't want your hand
You'll I'll only pull me you down
So save your breath
Don't waste your song
On me, on me
Don't waste your time.

6) Which one of the seven deadly sins describes your character? 

Wrath (it does not describe him except in its purest form - ira, cold and continuous rage, mostly against himself. If you think of red-hot wrath, that would be the opposite of him.)
 
Second best would be Lust (again in its purest form, as in an intense desire for that which has not been given him and that which has been taken away from him, mostly his family.)

7) If they were an element (fire, water, earth, air), which one would they be?

Water. 
Not so quick and dangerous as fire, not so flighty or so terrifying as air, not so solid as earth...but deep and still and silent and ultimately overwhelming.

8) What is their favourite word? 


Ani. For many reasons. The biggest is that Ani herself is the one person he allows himself to care for. She was born in the house he lives in, has known him his entire life, and, childlike, does her best to fill the emptiness in him without ever realizing what she is doing.

But there is also the fact that her name was a something of a language mix-up, and he takes perverse pleasure in hearing his grandfather call her without knowing its association with a language he hates.
It also works well for him, as he can call her himself, thereby expressing his disagreement with his grandfather, without the man having any idea what he actually means. (The word means no/you're wrong in the language of his mother.)

9) Who’s one person they really miss? (It could be someone who’s passed away, or someone they’re not close to anymore, or someone who’s moved away.) 

His father.

10) What sights, sounds, and smells remind them of that person?


Everything. Which is probably why he misses his father more than his mother, beside the fact that the loss of his father is more recent. He is in his father's house, after all, and each thing he sees reminds him of how his father described them to him when the man was teaching him the names for things in his own language. Worst is probably looking out at the moor beyond the mansion, where he has never been, but about which he has a hundred of his father's stories in his head. A close second are the robins that his father always talked about as part of his home, the robins that told him he was home when he returned, dying...and the girl whose hair color reminds him of those robins also sometimes makes him think of his father, much as he wishes she didn't.

and here is my snippets link, if you'd like to read a bit more about him... ;)


and if you want to join the lovely link-up or simply want to check out other people's awesome characters...go check out the delightful Notebook sisters' blog. XD


4 thoughts shared:

Miss Melody Muffin said...

Is it awful that I knew who this was just from his eyes in the picture that popped up with the post on my dashboard? :D

WOW. WHAT A STORY BEHIND THE NAME. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Yes, the smashed mirror... which reminds me I still need to comment on that scene and get it back to you....

*clapping hands because this model finally has a story*

*dies at the second picture* FANTASTIC.

*wincing* Wow, what pain.

*knows that song* :D :D :D :D :D

ANI. KATE, IT'S WONDERFUL.

*bounces excitedly* THIS STORY WILL BE SUPERB.

Katherine Sophia said...

LOL, Melody... XD
and yes, I'm so happy to finally have the beginnings of his story. :D
at the moment I kind of love Ani... ;)
and oh, despite how many stories are scattered in my head, I do really hope this one comes together... XD Your enthusiasm is very helpful. XD

Jessica Greyson said...

JUST WANTS TO BAWL!!!! ALL THE FEELZ!!!!!!!! *CRIES*

Katherine Sophia said...

*hugs* :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails