Saturday, February 8, 2014

Alone on Mars for Valentine’s Day ***GUEST POST***


Hi! My name is Maria Morris, I am the main character is Sarah Holman’s Destiny trilogy. I hear the she is giving away a copy of the first part of my story, The Destiny of One. I thought I would pop over and talk a little bit about myself.

I live in an amazing time. Man has traveled to distant stars and begun to colonize other planets. I live under the protective dome on Mars. I can’t say I like it very much. I don’t get why so many people were eager to get to Mars in the first place. Its red-orange dirt stains everything and because the atmosphere of Mars can’t support life, we remain under a dome. The only upside to where I live is that my cousins live right next-door.

I am always so happy when we get to travel to Earth and visit my Grandparents. Why anyone ever wanted to travel beyond where there was blue sky and green earth is beyond me. I enjoy spending time with my wise grandmother, and hearing the stories my grandfather has to tell of the old days. The days before the whole Galaxy was taken over by a tyrannical ruler.

It is February and of course, everyone wants to know what I am doing for my man. That makes me laugh, because I don’t have one. I know, I am the main character of a book and that means I have should have a hero, right? Well, I don’t. To be honest, I get discouraged because I don’t know any young men around my age that are even Christian. That can make Valentine’s Day a bit depressing.

You know, even though people keep telling me that a guy is just around the corner, I don’t know if I believe them. What if I am doomed to remain single? I not sure what I am supposed to do with my life. Will God ever show me?

Sigh. I know I my heart of hearts that God has plans for me. Sometimes I don’t know why it takes him so long to reveal them, but I do know that it is for my best. You and I might be without a man this Valentine’s Day, but let’s make a pact: Let us wait on God, because I am sure the destiny he has for us is better for us then anything we could have imagined.







Sarah Holman is a not so typical mid-twenties girl: A homeschool graduate, sister to six awesome siblings, and author of three published books and counting. If there is anything adventuresome about her life, it is because she serves a God with a destiny bigger than anything she could have imagined.




0 thoughts shared:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails