Friday, October 11, 2013

Foundations Test Day

Miss Melody posted this a while ago...I thought it a good reminder for today. :)

Reliance
Henry Van Dyke

 Not to the swift, the race:
         Not to the strong, the fight:
         Not to the righteous, perfect grace:
         Not to the wise, the light.

         But often faltering feet
         Come surest to the goal;
         And they who walk in darkness meet
         The sunrise of the soul.

         A thousand times by night
         The Syrian hosts have died;
         A thousand times the vanquished right
         Hath risen, glorified.

         The truth the wise men sought
         Was spoken by a child;
         The alabaster box was brought
         In trembling hands defiled.

         Not from my torch, the gleam,
         But from the stars above:
         Not from my heart, life's crystal stream,
         But from the depths of Love

3 thoughts shared:

Vicki said...

Go for it, girl! We love you and we're praying for you!!!

Hugs!!
Vicki

deryn joy said...

I saw melody's post, so I did pray for you. how did the final go? do you feel pretty confident?

Katherine Sophia said...

Thank you, Vicki!!!!!! :) *returns hugs* I am so glad we "met" through our blogs!!

Deryn Joy! Thank you so much for praying for me and for letting me know - it was a huge encouragement that people I didn't even know were praying for me. Those prayers made such a difference, and I am so thankful God made it possible me to pass the course. XD

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails