Tuesday, January 15, 2013

One woe is past...

and behold, there come two woes more hereafter...

Scarcely 24 hours have passed since I sent in my application to medical school. I've been working on it for what feels like months (though really it's been mostly the past two weeks, except for my personal statement, which yes, I spent quite a while on). It was slightly terrifying to hit the submit button...but once that thing was gone, I was soooo happy. :D 
One woe was past.

And behold, I have received the supplemental application already. Which is, like, twice as long and twice as complicated, and oh, yeah, due in a month. 

A month during which I am supposed to publish a book, have a Valentine's party for my group of girls (adolescent mentoring/Bible study - I also need to figure out what we're doing for a theme this spring!), volunteer at the rehab center, and start what looks to be an extremely challenging semester of school. 
(Molecular Biology, Developmental Biology, labs for both of those courses, Health Psychology, and I'll be teaching Genetics Supplemental Instruction - every Thursday I'll be at school from 7:30am to 7:30pm. O.o I've never had a school day that long before...)

*cough* me, this next semester, all day long...
I'm excited for all of it (well, I still haven't quite figured out what I'm going to be doing in my 3 and 4 hour labs...which apparently do not require textbooks...), but at the same time it can feel a bit overwhelming if I stop and think about it. And having had only 1 day between applications to not stress out...well, right now I'm at the point where I wouldn't mind just staying in bed and watching kdramas the rest of my life, lol. And yet, of course, I really would mind. 

Because I know God has a plan in which all the incredibly random things I love fit together for His glory. Things are already starting to match up (you would not believe how perfectly being a writer and a doctor works out!), and now I'm at the place where whether I either board the boat or get stuck on a rotting dock. Yes, there are a million things I could be doing right now...but I can't do them all, and some of them need to take a back seat right now, like flying and horse back riding already have. The thought of not doing some of the things I love as much as I am used to doing them scares me a bit...but if that's what it takes...that's what it takes.
Since, after all, I couldn't be content to merely hear the stories of others, or even to write my own, much as I adore both of those. I want to live my story, the story God has planned for me, no matter how daunting the next chapter appears.

You all have different stories, and are at different chapters in your lives...and I don't know if you, as authors or readers/watchers of stories, tend to get sucked into those worlds at the expense of your own, but I do feel like I've heard this feeling expressed several times in the past few weeks. 
2013 needs to be a year of living our own stories. 
Not forswearing all other stories (I would die, for one thing, and for another, it's in those places where our lives intersect with others that I believe God is most glorified), but just making sure we are not missing out on the stories God is writing for our lives.

To that end, then...

Fighting!
(and I apologize to those of you who do not get why this is supposed to make you all feel better.) XD

3 thoughts shared:

shieldmaidenthoughts said...

IT MAKES *ME* FEEL BETTER BECAUSE
CNBLUE FIGHTIIIIINNG
Ahem. Yonghwa looks so short XD But beautiful.
And...I love you. ^.^

Jessica Greyson said...

GO KATE GO!!! YOU CAN CATCH'EM!!!!! :D Be your epic awesome self...this season shall pass and thee shall be the victor!

Jess

Katherine Sophia said...

LOL, Mirriam...poor Yonghwa...beautiful makes up for a lot, though. ;D Love you, too! XD


Thank thee, Jess... :) I'm less worried about it all already. XD You always make me laugh at school, rather than being freaked out by it...it always helps. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails