Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Annabeth's War - book review


Her father wanted a son... Annabeth was born a girl. He trained her as a son anyway.

Now a young woman, she is living in a land in turmoil, and the father who once did not want her is in the dungeon of her country's greatest enemy. A price has been set on her own head, and she knows that her freedom and the secrets she holds are the only things keeping the prince alive.

From the moment Annabeth slipped into the first scene, she had my attention. I tend to be chary of my praise for girl characters, but she was definitely an exception - I absolutely loved her. Though Annabeth tried to hide her thoughts and feelings, even from the reader, the author managed to keep the character's strong front completely, while somehow still bringing you straight inside every scene until you truly felt that you were there, seeing everything Annabeth was and feeling her pain or joy as your own.

And, for once, I found myself completely delighted with both of the book's point of views. Usually I like one and suffer through one or more of the others... In Annabeth's War I adored both. And it is actually in the POV of the other main character that there was a scene that had me nearly coming up out of my chair screaming at the sheer awesomeness of the moment - probably one of my favorite scenes in a book ever. XD

Daring plans, thrilling escapes, marvelous fight scenes, hilarious disguises, sweet friendship, a hint of romance... this book has it all. READ IT!!! You won't regret it. 


To make things even easier - you can enter here to win a signed copy from the author, or enter here on my blog (scroll to the end of the post) to win a special {and absolutely gorgeous} AW bracelet! 

And just to remind you, if 10 more people enter the giveaway I'm hosting, a copy of Annabeth's War will be given away here as well! Keep spreading the word, and enter if you want either book or bracelet!
Don't forget to follow the author's blog to see her upcoming giveaways, both of her book and others!

3 thoughts shared:

Joy said...

Sounds like a wonderful novel, Katherine! I like tales like that...:).

Is the romance lots? Because I tend to avoid that kind of fiction, though I love it if the love story is wholesome and not too emotionally mushy!

Oh, and I am commenting here to enter the giveaway :). Hope it counts!

Katherine Sophia said...

There is romance, but I would say that the excerpt in the author interview below is probably as mushy as it gets. XD


And yes, your comment will totally count, so long as you either pin the book cover on pinterest or put one of the banners on your blog! :D I'm glad you're entering! It is a great story. :)

Joy said...

thanks, here is the link :)
http://pinterest.com/pin/20055160812467094/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails