Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Beautiful People - Jaime Meyrick

16-yr-old Jaime... the quote goes to a journel Blair found... 
Unlike Jaden Beorn, Jaime is grinning at this title. So long as it isn't one of his brothers, he doesn't mind someone calling him beautiful. *cough* Your humility continues to amaze me, Jaime... 


And for some reason he's really annoyed with his older brother right now. I apologize for his attitude... but please don't tell him I did. And he insisted on actually answering these questions himself... go figure.

1. What is your favorite type of shoe?
*sigh* "Nike Hyperdunks. I need a pair. Now."

2. Do you journal?
"Journal?" *gags*

3. What's your favorite animal?
"A dog! And Tristan will never let me get one." *he glares at his oldest brother*

4. What does your average day look like?
"Get up as late as possible and still be at school by 8am... do boring school stuff... eat lunch... do more boring school stuff... usually some kind of sport after school gets out at 3pm - right now it's basketball, which is why I need Nike Hyperdunks. *ahem* Then I go home... eat supper... argue with Tristan... fight with Dare... do homework because Tristan will kill me if I don't... watch TV on my computer because Tristan refuses to pay for anything more than internet - we don't even have a home phone! And then go to bed and do it all over again. Fascinating, isn't it?" *he rolls his eyes*

5. Night owl, or morning person? (Optional: What time do you normally wake up, and go to bed?)
"Um.... does 'I HATE getting up in the morning!' answer that?"

6. Do you have a sweet tooth?
"Duh."

7. What colors are your bedroom?
"Um... white... We have blue blankets on our beds... light-colored wood dressers... It's actually clean right now, since Blair's around."

8. Can you cook?
"Better than Dare." *snorts* "But seriously, I make really good cereal and toast..."


9. What is your favorite household chore?
"I'm supposed to have a favorite? Can't I despise them all equally?"

10. Favorite kind of tea?
"Tea is for girls who read Jane Austen or whatever her name is. It's like... watered down... I don't even know. It's weird."





 And because it is simply begging to be done, I will continue with his brothers. My characters are demanding; what can I say? :P 

19-yr-old Dare... he's a philosophy-English lit major, hence the caption...
ignore his hair. :P  I had a hard time with GIMP
Derek, known to to everyone else as Dare. (Which, yes - one sounds odd with his last name, the other sounds odd given that one of his brothers is named Blair. I'm arguing with him right now, but he's really stubborn. GRRR.)


1. What is your favorite type of shoe?

"Comfortable dress shoes, which are surprisingly hard to find. And actually I like my boxing shoes a lot - Blair says he's glad I wear good footwear while I'm getting brain-damaged." *grins*

2. Do you journal?
*laughs* "You try living in a house with three brothers and tell me if you're going to write anything down where they can find it."

3. What's your favorite animal?
"Aww... it's called a Jaime."

4. What does your average day look like?
"Eh... get up, eat breakfast, wake Jaime up, probably 3 times, give him a ride to school if he's ready by the time I have to leave, go to class, study/eat/do errands between class times; I work for Professer Berry some afternoons - mostly weekends, though; come home, make supper if nobody else has, try to keep people from killing each other, study until bed. It would probably be better if I wasn't double-majoring and taking 23 credits this semester, but... yeah."

5. Night owl, or morning person? (Optional: What time do you normally wake up, and go to bed?)
"I don't really get to be either a night owl or a morning person; I can't go to sleep until I've gotten everything ready for the next day and I have to be up about 7am." *shrugs*

6. Do you have a sweet tooth?
"Sure, who doesn't?"

7. What colors are your bedroom?
"Red - curtains, bedspread, wallpaper boarder around the top of the wall... actual walls are white, and my furniture is oak. Hardwood floor, too. So brown and red and white."


8. Can you cook?
*sigh* "Yes. I suppose it would help if I followed a recipe?"


9. What is your favorite household chore?
"Vacuuming? There's only two rooms with carpet in the house, besides the stairs and hallway, so it gets done really fast. Haha, no, they all need to be done, so I guess my favorite is whichever is finished?"

10. Favorite kind of tea?

"Black Chai with cream and sugar in it..."



22-yr-old Blair...  he wants to be a peacemaker, but his personality is
completely opposite Tristan's, which makes things difficult... Besides,
he's gone most of the time these days.
And Blair Meyrick, third oldest brother...




1. What is your favorite type of shoe?
"Comfortable shoes that let me stand around all day if I have to and go running in the evening. Having your feet hurt is one of the last things you want on your mind while you're doing an autopsy. And you probably didn't want to think about that..."

2. Do you journal?
"Um... I don't exactly have time to write a whole lot... and I'd probably write letters if I did."

3. What's your favorite animal?
"Oh, black lab. I... know a girl... who has one, and it's the sweetest thing. She adores it."

4. What does your average day look like?
"I'm in med school. So... yeah. You probably don't want to hear it all - it's kind of boring. Unless you're in medical school, in which case it's fascinating." *laughs somewhat self-consciously*

5. Night owl, or morning person? (Optional: What time do you normally wake up, and go to bed?)
"Morning person. Which is good, because my first class is early. I'm usually in bed by midnight."

6. Do you have a sweet tooth?
"Yeah... good thing I like to run, else I wouldn't be a very healthy doctor."

7. What colors are your bedroom?
"When I'm home I share a room with Jaime... I have a studio apartment by school where I stay most of the time, though. It's white and black with a kind of olive-y green accents... A friend decorated it for me, which was really nice of them."

8. Can you cook?
"I've done it before... at school I usually go out to eat with people, since there's a couple pretty cheap places nearby. At home it's more fun to watch Dare do it, though, and then tease him afterwards. The things he comes up with! Honestly..."


9. What is your favorite household chore?
"I like washing windows, because you kind of have to do it with somebody else and it gives you a chance to talk and see how people are doing without it being awkward." 


10. Favorite kind of tea?

"Coffee... I drink a lot of it, unfortunately."



Tristan again... who would certainly not call himself a hero... but I have
high hopes for him. ;) 
And Tristan Meyrick... oldest brother whose attitude problem is a bit more justified than Jaime's, given that he's been taking care of the other three for the past 8 years on his own - and less justified because he's 9 years older and supposed to be an adult.
 He pretty much runs the town's auto repair shop, and he's a bounty hunter on the side.


1. What is your favorite type of shoe?
"Haix P6 boots. The one thing I actually learned from the police. Ha."

2. Do you journal?
"Excuse me?"

3. What's your favorite animal?
"Don't have one. Pets are expensive and pointless, wild animals belong in the wild, and I really don't have anything to do with either one."

4. What does your average day look like?
"Average? Um, I kind of lost out on average when I was 17 and I dropped out of school. I'm usually gone before Dare and Jaime are up, I check in at the police station and see if there's any work for me - if there is, it's always something different. Otherwise I go work at the mechanic shop and keep people's worthless cars running, and be nice to customers, keep everybody else doing their job... there's always some crisis or another happening. You wouldn't think so, but yeah. Whatever. Then I come home, make sure the house isn't falling down - the way Jaime treats it I'm surprised more things don't break than do - and eat supper with whoever happens to be around. Make sure Jaime is behaving himself, see what's going on with Dare - that kid is going to kill himself if he doesn't slow down at some point. And eventually I go to bed. That's my average day."

5. Night owl, or morning person? (Optional: What time do you normally wake up, and go to bed?)
"That's stupid. Get up when you need to get up and go to bed when you've gotten everything done. Saying you're a morning person or night owl just means you're lazy and undisciplined."

6. Do you have a sweet tooth?
"I suppose? If we're all talking baby talk."

7. What colors are your bedroom?
"I don't know, are these questions almost over yet?"

8. Can you cook?
"I can grill... that's good enough. I keep hoping Dare will figure out what cookbooks are for."



9. What is your favorite household chore?
"They all need doing, who cares about favorites?"


10. Favorite kind of tea?
"Really... I'm pretty sure these questions were meant for a girl to answer, just sayin'. I drink iced tea if somebody makes it for me and it's rude not to drink it, okay?"









6 thoughts shared:

Vicki said...

My, you DO have demanding characters ... very lively and interesting, though! I need to go to where all my poor characters are hibernating and see if any of them would be interested in doing a post like this ...

I actually, however, popped over here to let you know that I awarded you on my blog. ;-) Come on over and check it out!

Love,
Vicki

Katherine Sophia said...

*sigh* I do... particularly these four - it's hard to write about characters who aren't saved, especially if it's a modern story. :P I'm hoping they'll all be whipped into shape by the end of the book though... lol

Oh, thank you! I will be right over! :D

Jessica said...

Wow.... OPINIONATED TO SAY THE LEAST!!! I don't think I'd survive a day in that household. I'd go hibernate and never come out. A Jaime is still cracking me up. And I think I just might steal Dare's Chai if he's not looking too close.

:D Epicana!

Katherine Sophia said...

LOL... I'm kind of surprised they all didn't end up in the hospital more often, considering... But I'm pretty sure that "A Jaime" comment came because of Jaime's snarky reply to the tea question - he knows Dare likes tea, and he was just being annoying.

Miss Melody Muffin said...

I really enjoyed reading this!! I'd like to know a lot more about these boys! I like opinionated characters. (Hmm, I don't suppose it has anything to do with the fact that I am pretty opinionated myself?)

Anyway, fantastic post!

Katherine Sophia said...

:D Thanks for commenting, Melody! Characters like them are definitely fun to write (and easier than say, quiet characters, lol); I'm hoping their story turns into something readable. :D And also hoping to share more of their story on my blog, once they start behaving themselves and giving me more of the plot! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails