Monday, January 2, 2012

In memory...




of Gunnar


 2003-20011



~stopped killing our other pets once he was trained

~was only kicked out of dog obedience school once (he got in a fight with another puppy and bit the teacher when she tried to stop him)

~did not actually ever hurt anybody, except for maybe give one vet tech a heart attack when he went for her throat and knocked her to the floor (he did it very carefully - he was always a gentleman)

~scarcely ever disobeyed (*ahem* again, once trained...)

~never got into stuff he shouldn't (except in his eat-the-other-pets phase)

~made for crazy stories to tell over the years

~ gorgeous purebred long-haired german shepherd


~perfect guard for the house and yard

~brilliant for a dog - you could see him thinking

~freaked out the day I first drove the car, but eventually decided I was a good enough driver he could ride with me

~had super soft fur and an amazing personality

~had an adorably low bark as a puppy and was "the dog we've always wanted" since the day we got him

  

he loved attention and soft beds...

he could be soo sweet...

though I was still afraid to come downstairs in the middle of the night, lest he attack first and realize who I was second 
one of the most fun dogs I've ever known and certainly the best dog ever since  I was  a baby



we <3 u, Gunnar


3 thoughts shared:

Leah Marie said...

I don't know what I would do if we ever have to put Lacey down. I don't even want to think about it!
Hopefully Muffin (or whatever you decide to name her) will give you some puppy love. :)

It was nice seeing you all again! We will have to come see you guys next. :)

Leah

Vicki said...

RIP Gunnar ... I can see what an intelligent and beautiful dog he was. I hope you always treasure his memory. :-)

Love in Christ,
Vicki

Katherine Sophia said...

ack, yeah, it's not fun, especially when you drive in the driveway and he's not there to meet you - it'll probably be better once I'm back at college and not expecting to see him like when I'm down here. :( And since Miss No-Name (*ahem* she's gone through like 3 names in the past 3 days... nobody will agree.. *rolls eyes*) is up there already, it will be really nice to have her around. :)
And yes, it was nice to you guys, Leah! And you definitely will! :)

Thanks, Vicki. We will. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails