Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Things I've been thankful for in the past few days...


;) during which I've been posting other things...     :D

obviously not my image...


1.) Getting a full length mirror!! I brought mine from home with me... and it met a sad and horribly untimely end in the hallway a week or two ago... getting dressed has been a royal pain. The kind of outfits I find to wear when I can't see them on me can be frightening. LOL








not mine either...  or his...


2.) My brother's dumplings! LOL The past two times we've made a roast in the crock-pot, I've tried to make dumplings on the stove-top... maybe I was trying to hurry too much, but... they didn't work. :P This time we used the oven, and I got him to make dumplings - they were delicious. :D It can be nice having a cook for a younger brother... ;)


3.) Getting to talk to my boss! Which is random, but I work for a super amazing professor... and never get to see her because I work at home. Which is perfect, but it would be nice to see her more. So getting to walk... or rather, run, considering what time it was and how we were both on our way to class... to school together this morning was a lovely way to start the day. :D





4.) My little sister's shampoo! LOL I've been doing her hair for ballet quite a bit lately, and I keep going Wow, your hair smells nice! So she let me use it - and it's amazing! For shampoo. ;) And now my hair smells nice... lol Anyway, I think I'm going to use it again... :D







5.) Getting an email addressed to Dear Prospective Math Tutor. Let's just say I never thought that would be me. :) I haven't decided if I'll do it next semester yet or not, but just the fact that I got it was pretty fun. 
Oh, dear tutor choosers, you have no idea how much my o-chem lab partner's minor in math helped me out taking calc... I practically lived in the tutoring office with her last semester. Though, come to think of it, we mostly complained about o-chem when I was in there... LOL


6.) Getting to chat with a friend I never get to see. We ended up spending somewhere around 4 hours chatting, though admittedly, we were both doing other things some of the time... :D But it was lovely, spinning fascinating theories per usual and discussing everything under the sun... Absolutely marvelous. ;D


7.) These! Random quotes from @BibleMemCoins that made me laugh...  :D


I am having an out-of-money experience.

 Hey....this is not the life I ordered.

 Without stress my life would be empty.

 If at first you don’t succeed, try it your wife’s way.

Man cannot live by chocolate alone, but woman can.

 When shops have a sign: Guide dogs only. Who is supposed to read it—the dog?

 I do NOT suffer from stress...but I AM a carrier. 

Save the earth; it's the only planet with CHOCOLATE.

I feel like I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

 I lost my job. Well, I didn’t lose it, I know where it is. But when I go there some other guy is doing it

I ALWAYS give 100% at work: 14% on Monday; 27% on Tuesday; 19% on Wednesday; 33% on Thursday, and 7% on Friday.

When the going gets tough, the tough eat cake.

 The trouble with learning from experience is that you never seem to graduate.

 Thank you…the term “outstanding debt”, for making it sound like it’s awesome to owe people money.

 Thank u…fun-sized candy 4 callin yrself “fun” 2 distract me fr how small u r. They should call u “disappointment-size” candy.

 I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to BLAME you.

 I took a course in speed waiting… now I can wait an hour in only ten minutes.

I try to take it one day at a time; but sometimes several days attack me at once.

2 thoughts shared:

Jessica said...

Such wonderful things to be grateful for! Chat is such a life saver, and I am sure you will make a wonderful math tutor...and I love those quotes!! :D

Miss you!

Jessica

Katherine Sophia said...

:) Chat definitely is... and those quotes are just fun, aren't they? :D Miss you too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails