Sunday, November 6, 2011

Random notes from my journal...

 
47And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved. 48My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.  97O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. 113I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.  119Thou puttest away all the wicked of the earth like dross: therefore I love thy testimonies.  127Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.  132Look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as thou usest to do unto those that love thy name.  140Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it. 159Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O LORD, according to thy lovingkindness.  163I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love. 165Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. 167My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly. 
Psalm 119

His commands - to be loved and delighted in. Not just He himself, but every Word He speaks and each order He gives - to be our delight. The opposite of that - vain thoughts (He does nothing in vain) - is to be hated. (Meaning of the word used for vain thoughts: skeptic, divided mind. To be whole, certain, and sure of Who He is - is not that in itself a delight?) 
Wrong never wins - He is true and faithful, and the telling of His doings is an amazing thing. As His servant, His command is wayyyyy more important than anything else that could catch my attention - and because of Who He is, I treasure it! 
Those who love Him (and therefore His commands) are blessed - and find mercy. His Words are pure, tried and true - Jesus went through fire for me. How can I not love Him? 
His love brings life... Mercy, Life, and Peace, along a path with no stumbling - all this when you follow His Word, and when you keep His testimonies, you will only love them more - basically, you'll never regret it. 
Obey and live... abundantly in His love.

0 thoughts shared:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails