Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thoughtfully...


How can you tell? 
It's the moment you have to decide... and there that tiny feeling to just do it. 
Lean forward and say those words. 
Press "send" on that long e-mail.
Walk over to that person. 
Yet there is also that tiny feeling that if you do, you'll regret it. 
There's no need for you to do it.
They'll think you're an idiot. 
That other feeling is all in your head, and you're making a huge deal out of something the other person thinks is nothing. 
Which one do you listen to?

Does the Holy Spirit give us promptings? 

I believe He does. 

Do I have a lot of stupid ideas?

I know I do. 

So how do you know?


Knowing His voice, being able to follow His leading... that is what makes us different from the rest of the world. 
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

Should I hear it automatically, or is it indeed, as I've been told, a process of listening and doing and looking back over my life and seeing which times things turned out? 
In some cases... how would I ever know if it turned out the way God wanted it to?
Other times, when I know what happened, perhaps something that I thought went horribly actually accomplished exactly what He wanted it to - how do you know?

How can you tell?

2 thoughts shared:

Emii said...

Honestly, I felt like I was reading my own thoughts.
Beautiful post; such honest, true questions.

Katherine Sophia said...

Thanks, Emii! It's always nice to know you're not the only one wondering about something like that... and I guess we'll just keep learning to listen as we follow Him! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails