Sunday, October 9, 2011

Random notes from my journal...

 
I LOVE You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength.

I love you, LORD God, and you make me strong.

O Lord, my strength, I shall love thee.

I love you, O LORD, my strength 

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.

Psalm 18:1, multiple translations

Love. 
The word used here means: being compassionate, showing pity, demonstrating mercy. Tender, soothing, cherishing, from a superior to an inferior.

This is how God loves us... and David is saying, I will love You back with all the intensity that is in me. What love is greater than that of a parent for their child? That's how we are to love God. 

What do you think of a neglectful parent?
What do you think of a neglectful Christian?

0 thoughts shared:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails