Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bookaholics Unite...

I saw these on another blog, and had to share... 
:D

Oh, yes... I have removed to another place. :)

Well, not anymore... though she does take my books back to the library when she doesn't think I have time to read them... *cries* lol

Or beg, borrow, or save to buy another copy... 

<3    I do...   :)

If I like 'em... then it's just horrible to only have a partial series... or to have a series that doesn't all match. :P

 waaah! If I really loved it I start over immediately... reading it out loud to my siblings if I think they'll like it at all, or just to myself. :D I read so fast I need to read it twice anyway, just to really know what happened. :)

 *giggle* Horribly true...

 *blush* Yes... even when it makes me laugh at myself

 LOL! Exactly...

 :)

 ahh... it's horrible... but if you insult a book I like... it hurts...

 *giggle* It's sooo depressing...

 Reading certainly helps! Only then I can't sleep because I'm so excited about the book I just read...

ack... unfortunately so.
 It can... if I'm reading something really amazing...

 If it's good writing. :) 

 lol, exactly...

Are there really people who don't do this?
 *blush* My definition of trashy romance novel is a lot of people's idea of good literature... which yes, means I'm a book-snob, and yes, means I need to work on not sounding judgmental when I discuss books. Because I think I can sound that way - even when I'm not actually feeling judgmental at all. I lean rather more towards mercy than judgement... even when it's books - but I still sound horribly harsh, don't I? I don't mean to...

 haha, if anyone ever wants to marry me, I have a few books I'll need them to read first... 

 It's like... breathing.

 I... can't... help... it... 

 lol, well, not quite, but... 

 A book isn't a book until I can physically turn the pages... an e-reader just would never be the same.

 See above...

 I won't say how much time I spent as a child trying to figure out a way to get a book attached to the steering wheel of our ride-on lawn mower...

:)
 That's like... just plain wrong.

 If I even remotely liked a book, I read it twice. Most books I enjoy I've read at least 5 times. 

 Welllll.... I think I've thrown a book across a room once, just to see if it would make me feel better. I don't think it did. I just can't... bring... myself... to do that to a book.
 Bookshelves everywhere! There are no bookshelves in my room at college... (The room is smaller the stalls of most horses I know... :P No room for a bookshelf. At all.) I have converted a plant-stand that can tuck into the corner into a bookshelf... and my desk is piled high with more than text-books...

 Calling them characters seems... sacrilegious. 

 Yep... I think there have been maybe 2 movies I've liked better than the books from which they were made?

 :) I looove books with layers that you can read them over and over and keep finding more :D

:) Yeah...
 lol... and get so jealous watching old movies...

 Well, I usually push right through, in order to forget it as soon as possible...

 Is that rude? :P

 lol, well, maybe not kill them... 

If I happen to hear them... :D
 I loove good first lines... :)

To be caught without a book is almost a fate worse than death... 




How many bookaholics follow this blog? :) 

6 thoughts shared:

Jessica said...

Love this post!

Erika said...

I can’t believe how many of these are true of me…

Yes, the world fades away while reading…yes, my mom always told me to stop reading…no, you CAN'T just have one book of a series…yes, I reread every good book (since I read so fast too) …yes, I talk about books…yes, I smile at characters…yes, it’s difficult to tear away from a good book! Usually I will read as fast as possible in an attempt to finish the book quickly so I can do something else, because I know I won’t get anything else done until I finish the book. :) Yes, the words disappear and a movie plays in my head (so fun!) … yes, you’d better not damage my books… yes, I always look through the books when I visit people or stores or any other place where books exist…yes, one or two more chapters really means “the rest of the book” … yes, I read while going down stairs without missing a step (and I have taped papers with Bible chapters on them to the steering wheel of the riding lawnmower so I could read/memorize them :). Yes, bookshelves are a big necessity…yes, I get to know characters the more I reread their stories...yes, I sometimes feel a connection with strangers because of books…yes, I just hold up the cover when asked what I’m reading… yes, I usually carry a book with me.

I guess I fit the description.

There’s something about books.

The one thing that does not fit is the e-reader/technology part - I think that would be great - an easy way to carry hundreds and thousands of books wherever I go. :)

If books are not important, why did God choose to give us His law and His gospel within a Book? :)

Lauren Nicole said...

I LOVE this! It's so funny how so many of them are true!

Squeaks said...

This is sooo true! I LOVE THIS POST! <3 Books are like...half my life :P

Squeaks.

Hope Marie said...

Ok I LOVE these!!!!!!!!!!! (A book would have been better though! Hehe!)
Hope

Katherine Sophia said...

lol... Oh, I love it how every time I post some kind of book discussion-y post like this I get to see how passionate you are about books! :D

Isn't it fun, Jessica? :)

Ahh, Erika, I know! I have to race through books because otherwise I'm just not going to get anything done! The 2nd time through at least I can maybe put it down mid-way through, but the 1st time that can be torture. :) Ha, you made the mow-lawn-memorize-Bible thing work... My brother took over mowing too quickly I guess. LOL Oh, and that's one thing I love about books! They can affect our life in so many ways... and if they could be "just a book" God probably would have found a different way to tell us everything the Bible contains. :D (Though of course that book IS different from all others... but it's still a book.) :)

Haha, it's kind of scary, isn't it Lauren? I find myself amazed over and over at how books have changed the world, and how much they affect me - and then I see something like this and person after person responds saying it's true for them too. :)

lol... exactly, Squeaks. If I cut reading and sleeping out of my life... I could probably go earn like 4 PhD's or something... only I think I'd have to read to accomplish that. :D

haha! Well... an excerpt from one of my stories will be coming soon, Hope! :D

*is suddenly scared at the thought that something I've written could someday, possibly, maybe, join the ranks of those things called books* O.o :-o

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails