Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fascinating Interview With Our Previous WWWWWH Winner... Part III



21) What is the most important lesson you have learned from reading?
Ironically, I think the most important lesson I’ve learned from reading is that real life isn’t like books. After spending much of my teen years disillusioned that there weren’t any Alan Brecks or Jane Eyres in the real world, I’ve learned to better apply what I read, without expecting it to be really reflective of real life.
(There is a reason that my Jane Austen quiz said I was Catherine Morland.)

*giggle* It said I was Marianne Dashwood… and I’m still looking to meet Alan Brecks or Jane Eyres :D Maybe someday I’ll grow up…

22) From writing?
Writing, for me, is always an exercise in both patience and humility. Patience, because I want my story to just write itself exactly how I want it, but of course it takes a lot of hard work; and humility, because I always begin a story full of confidence that I’m great and I’m just going to nail it, but of course, I never quite do. ;-)

Good points there… :P My stories loose me when they start getting hard… I need to work on patience – that alone would probably improve my endings 100%. :)

 23) Where do you like to write?
I can really write anywhere, but I do my very best writing in the living room, on either end of the sofa (NOT in the middle), by myself while the little ones are taking a nap and everything is quiet.
Lol, I’m an end-of-the-sofa type girl too. Something about the middle just isn’t… right. :D

24) Do you judge books by their cover?
Somewhat. I am more likely to pick up the book if the cover is appealing, but the most important part of the cover is the back. A well-written “back-of-the-book” synopsis can sell me on a book.

25) How many books do you have in your bedroom?
Um, I would guess about 30 or 35. Mostly fiction.

26) Do you have your own room?
No, I’ve always shared a room with my sister Heather. We get along very well, except that she’s very neat and I’m very sloppy. But that’s pretty typical …
I’ve shared my room for the past… 8? years with my sister, only we’re both very sloppy. :P I tried to blame it on her, only I kinda got my own room now that I’m in college… and it’s still messy.  

27) If there was one thing you could say to every person in the world, what would it be?
As the great poem truly says, “Life is real, life is earnest, and the grave is not its goal: ‘dust thou art, to dust returnest,’ was not spoken of the soul.” You are so much more than just an animal that evolved from some ooze – you are special, important, a living soul who is created fundamentally unique from everyone else on the planet. You are an immortal being who will never die and whose life will never be extinguished. You have worth, and it matters what you do with your life – you are too special and too wonderful to throw your life away on earthly pleasures and pain.

God loves you, individually, so much that He sent His only Son to pay for your sins and give you the power to live above sin and above this world. He offers you the chance to know His love, His forgiveness, His care, His empowerment, His plans, and His fellowship and friendship forever. Won’t you listen to what He has to say? He knows you by name and loves you the way you are, and He wants you to know Him individually, too, as a friend and son/daughter. Won’t you read the Bible, His love letter to you, and hear what He wants to tell you?

Well said… and thank you for taking the time to write out such a clear message like that!

28) If there was one thing you could say to every girl your age in America, what would it be?
Basically the same thing as above, except I would emphasize that the purpose of a 22-year-old young woman’s life is not to be physically beautiful, to have a great career, to find a wonderful romance, or any of the other pressures that young women are put under; but that God loves them the way they are – overweight, or spotty-faced, still in college or working a job they don’t like, single, whatever. God loves them for who they are, and He wants them to come to Him today and be rescued from their sins and fears and insecurities, and experience His deep and sanctifying love.
Amen!

29) Do you feel called to minister in any way to a specific group of people?
Yes, and no. I do hope to minister in some way, in the future, but I don’t have any particular call to any specific group of people – yet, anyway.
Yet is always a good clarifier. :D

30) Do you have your own computer?
Yup! A spiffy little laptop that I love to pieces. :-)
Don't love something that can't love you back... JK. No writer should be without one! :D




If the world lasts, this interview will be continued on Monday! 

Check back then to learn more, from Vicki's biggest dream to what she'd do if she had 7 minutes to live!

(I feel like I'm making this sound so cheap... there are reasons I don't like commercials. :P Sorry for the drama, lol.)

In all seriousness, I think the questions get all the more interesting the closer to the end they are. :) 


2 thoughts shared:

Wendy said...

I loved this interview! I especially thought the answers to what she would tell "anyone" and "a 22-year-old girl" to be thoughtful, and well-written. The questions and answers here went deep into my soul. It made me think I would probably enjoy reading something written by this person.
Thanks for sharing.
Mrs. Gunn
(P.S. I wish I'd had a chance to talk to you today--it was good to see you:)

Katherine Sophia said...

I'm glad you liked it! :)
And it was nice to see you! Hopefully I'll see you and Kelsey again this summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails