Friday, June 10, 2011

Fascinating Interview With Our Previous WWWWWH Winner... Part II




11) What made you decide to start blogging?
Well, my mom had wanted to have a blog for a long time, so when she finally started hers, I asked to start one at the same time. That was about two or three years ago. As soon as I got a few followers, I was hooked – and the rest is history!
I think it’s kind of addicting… :D

12) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I enjoy the blogging community – I like to read what’s going on in other people’s lives, I enjoy leaving them comments, and I enjoy having comments left for me. There are a lot of wonderful Christians in the blogging world, and it’s a pleasure to get to interact with them online.

13) What is your favorite post you’ve ever written?
Every post at my movie blog, Screenplay!
:)  I should say again that I enjoy reading your reviews! You do a good job explaining what the movies are about. :D

14) Least favorite post?
Well, last fall, I went through a period of time when I was really stressed and depressed; and I’m afraid I vented on my blog. *blush* This was one vent.
Link Here
Aww… y’know, your answer to #12 got me thinking – knowing what’s going on in other people’s lives (especially Christians), is very important. Sometimes even when it seems like you’re writing a complaining post or something, even that can encourage others that they’re not the only ones going through something like that. (Since we all – or at least quite a bit more of us that first appear to be :) – do at some point.)

15) What usually is the basis for your first impression of someone else’s blog?
It’s definitely the “look” of the blog. Now, by that I don’t mean it has to be fancy or beautifully put together; but you can usually tell, especially if the blogger has been blogging a long time, what his/her personality is by looking at their colors, fonts, and backgrounds. Is it “homey,” with a quilt background and an avatar of a garden? Is it “modern,” with an ornate header and a sleek minimalistic design? The design of the blog tells me a lot about the writer’s personality.

16) What is the best blog post you ever read?
Ooo … I have read so many good ones! One of the best I’ve read recently was posted by Bailey at “Big House in the Little Woods,” a posting that perfectly described the dilemma that many homeschooling (and non-homeschooling) families face.
Link Here
Wow… thank you so much for sharing that one.  “Too liberal to be conservative and too conservative to be liberal”? You would not believe the number of times I’ve said that exact same thing. That is really good!

17) What made you start writing?
Something in my genes! I’ve been writing ever since my hands first touched a computer keyboard, when I was about four years old. The first thing I remember writing was a report for either kindergarten or first grade – it bore the impressive title of THE JUNGLE. And it was mostly plagiarized.
:D lol…

18) What is your favorite genre of books?
Hmm … something that contains drama, character growth, strong morals, romance, and a happy ending!

19) What kind do you like to write?
Well, I’d love to be able to write all of the above! … But it usually ends up being some kind of quiet, pastoral little day-in-the-life story. I hope to someday develop my talents enough that I can write the kind of stories I envision.
LOL… A friend and I have discussed quite a few times how much we’d like to be able to write a quiet pastoral happy “nice” story, and we keep ending up with these dramatic and heart-wrenching stories… I’m still working on the happy ending thing – if I’m not happy with the ending, it’s a depressing ending, even if everything’s tied up. :D That’s funny… I suppose we’ll all be better writers when we can switch back and forth between story types! :D :P

20) If you could write like one author, who would it be?
Louis L’Amour, definitely. I think he was one of the most underrated authors ever – his Westerns are gritty and tough on the surface, but when you get past that initial crust, his characters are sensitive and human and beautiful. Both his men and his women are strong and brave; the men are tough, the women are nurturing and womanly. I love all of his books.
Funny you should say that… L. L’Amour (besides being the reason I ended up writing one of my favorite characters!) is one of the few men who wrote books with women MC’s that I can actually stand. :D I still don’t think young kids should read them (and I still tend to skip the fight scenes – except when I need to do story research wince), lol, but as far as “Westerns” go, his are pretty much the only ones I’ll read. :D



Come back for Part III tomorrow, where we go random once again, from the number of books in Vicki's bedroom to the most important thing she wants you to know ! :D 

0 thoughts shared:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails