Monday, January 10, 2011

Love

I keep seeing words pop up on my dashboard... 
Rooted. 
Closer. 
Real.

At first, reading the posts, I simply thought, 
There's an interesting idea. 

Reading a few more, I began to wonder:

If I chose a word, 

which I wouldn't, just because I don't do New Year's Resolutions anyways
 (Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.) 

what would I choose? 

And suddenly I was thinking 
Love.

Last year this word began to mean more and more to me, as I started to see the love that is mine from He Who is Love.

The greatest commandment:
 Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.  

These two are one, for as when I am abiding in Him, I will bear fruit, if I love Him, I will love those around me.

I need to be more loving. To those around me, and to the One who love me more than I will ever fully understand. 

I want to be rooted and grounded in love, so that, with all the saints, I may at least be able to comprehend what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that I might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Suddenly I was thinking Is this loving? as I went about my day.

Love.

Love.

Love.

Without even wanting to, I had chosen a word for 2011.

Not a New Year's Resolution to make and break in meaningless repetition.

But a word to think about...
to focus on...
and one that will help me grow.



And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is 
LOVE.

3 thoughts shared:

Vicki said...

Hello Katherine Sophia! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

I like your word for 2011. Many people are choosing a word for the year ... I love the idea and think I might pick one, too. "Love" is an excellent one because it is the total essence of all facets of our faith. I am going to be a follower and see what you learn with love as your motto! :D

I definitely love the Ronald Reagan episode of "What's My Line?"! I almost died laughing when he opened his mouth and that goofy voice came out! I haven't watched Yul Brynner yet; I'll have to ... have you seen the one with Walter Brennan?

Have a wonderful evening!

Love in Christ,
Vicki

Vicki said...

Oh yes, I meant to ask, if I'm not too nosy ... what are you studying in college? Do you go to a two-year or a four-year institution? I'm always looking for blogs by other Christian collegians. ;)

Blessings!

Love in Christ,
Vicki

Katherine Sophia said...

Thank you, Vicki! It's going to be an interesting year... :D
No, I didn't see Walter Brennan's - I'll have to check it out. :) And I hope you have a beautiful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails