Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

In my last post I said that 2010 was, for me,
the Year of the Almost.

 A year of almost reaching, almost finishing, almost accomplishing... but never quite making it. 

For someone who fits the description of a "discouraged perfectionist" (no, I have not had time to read any psychology books lately - yeah, probably a good thing, even though it's fun!) :D that was obviously discouraging

Not discouraging enough for me to change my approach to life, though.
Up until the last minute of 2010 I was procrastinating on things I wanted to finish. :P
Horrible.

Not that 2010 was not good. God was so incredibly merciful and loving to me in everything, that even with all that I left undone, or did poorly, I am, almost by default, further along in life than I was at the beginning of 2010.

But what I've really been realizing this past year... especially this past semester... 
default, just making it, okay, all right, 
survival isn't enough. Especially regarding where I am spiritually.


I don't want to survive. 


I want to live.

Abundantly.

That is why Christ came.
So that I could live... so that I could abide in Him.

And that's what I want.

I want 2011 to be a year of actually reaching, actually finishing, and actually accomplishing all that I need to...

but mostly I want it to be a year of living life abundantly in my amazing Lord.



Welcome 2011! 
Year of Abundant Life.

2 thoughts shared:

Jessica said...

To life and that more abundantly. HERE HERE!!!! Hip hip huzzah!

Katherine Sophia said...

Amen! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails