Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last of This Year...

Chai tea... cinnamon and spice...


Delicious.

Being somewhat obssessive-compulsive when it comes to reading, I actually started reading the box when I took it down for the 3rd or 4th time.

I don't know why it took me that long to read it... Usually, of course, they merely seem to have something about drinking tea or making the earth a greener place. But I loved the quote on this box.


We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.
~Jawaharlal Nehru



Guess what that made me think of? Not only do I agree with this quote the way it is - it's also what I've been trying to do for the past year.


We live in a wonderful world full of beauty, charm, and adventure - because that's how God made it. And if we seek Him with our eyes open, there is no end to what He can teach us or what we can see of Him in our life and the everyday things that surround us.


In January of this year I made it a goal to try posting one "simile," or analogy or whatever you want to call it, a week.
I tried... and it was good. I found myself watching to see Him... looking to see His work. Searching for new ways to understand His dealings with us... and finding them.

He is so incredibly faithful to teach when we ask, and it was amazing to see all that He showed me in such simple little things as spending time with my horse or getting lost while driving.

Anyway, even though my goal has been *relatively* accomplished (I ended up with one for every week, even though they weren't quite spaced that way during the year... Check out His Fingerprints in 2010 to see them all at once :), I still want to be watching for God - and seeing Him in new ways.

So, even though I might not try to post 52 of them this year, hopefully you'll still get a couple... when I see Him in the random things happening around me.



And just to make you think...


What are you watching for?


2 thoughts shared:

Jessica said...

I have enjoyed your "Fingerprints" It has been a fun thing to read. You have translated thoughts of Him beautifully.

And I totally missed the bear, I was saw something weird but nooooo register...

Good point well made!

Jessica

Katherine Sophia said...

Isn't that weird how easy it is to miss things? Makes me want to be watching carefully... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails