Monday, November 22, 2010

Introducing...

Random Quote Week!

Where I... yep, post quotes all week. :)

(That's why yesterday's post had a movie and a quote in it, right?) :D



Day One: From Books


Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. It is necessary to have wished for death, in order to know how good it is to live.
~The Count of Monte Christo


Are you drawing your life from any other source than God Himself? If you are depending upon anything but Him, you will never know when He is gone.
~Oswald Chambers


There is so much hideousness in this war I've got to go and help wipe it out of the world. I'm going to fight for the beauty of life.
~Rilla of Ingleside


We are not given protection. We are given vulnerability.
We are promised, not the absence of pain, but the blessed warning of pain.
We are promised, not that we won't be wounded, not that we won't bleed, but that we will be transfused.
We are promised, not that we won't die, but that we will live.
~Madeleine L'Engle



Have you lost your reputation?
Are you trusting in the Lord?
Have you found a full salvation
From what people think or say?
Do you mean to live for Jesus,
Let the world say what it may?
~Thou Givest... They Gather

2 thoughts shared:

Liz said...

I love the lines from the Count of Monte Cristo. I'm definitely writing down that quote in my quote book!

Thanks for sharing these! I love hearing peoples' favorite quotes and gleaning new bits of wisdom and wit. =)

Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving,
~ Liz

Katherine Sophia said...

It's one of my favorite quotes in my quote book... I'm glad you enjoyed reading them! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails