Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"In these dark days, we desperately need Christian artists who will love God with all their hearts, minds, souls, and strength, and who will pour that love into unique creative expressions of truth that have the power to bridge into the souls of others.
This is my charge to them, to you, to myself more than anyone.
Go and meet with God. Seek Him in your relationships, your circumstances, the creation around you. Immerse yourself in scripture. Pray with your whole heart. Let His Spirit fill you with light. And then do what God has asked you to do — be a candle, a burning light, a city on a hill blazing with truth and shelter for those who are lost in the darkness. Use your art to do it.
It is such a dark, dark world. Is there light in you? Then hear my call to you, and to all in whom truth is burning.
Oh Christian, please paint the light!"

Need some inspiration? Read more here.

2 thoughts shared:

Amber Noella said...

So inspiring! I've recently begun to paint, & I needed to hear this!

Katherine Sophia said...

I'm glad Amber! I love Rachel Starr Thompson's writing... it always inspires me to do better. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails