Friday, September 3, 2010

So... yesterday I'm sitting at my desk, catching up on the world after being without internet for four days (minus Sunday, which day I happened to be packing and moving, and the two hours I was on-line on Tuesday - I walked a mile for wi-fi that day).


Finally just beginning to feel re-connected, when I am invited to go for a walk.

A walk.

Ok, so it might be interesting to explore the neighborhood.

I need the exercise.

But I have e-mails to answer, blogs to catch up on, physics to read...

Well, fine, thirty minutes, max.


Off we go.

Down the sidewalk, past the houses...

I hate walking in town, but this isn't too terrible.

My little brother manages to lose himself before we've gone a block, but before we've gone four he has caught up to us, red-faced and panting...

Cross a busy intersection.

The sprinkling rain turns into almost-rain-drops and then dies away again...

Cross another busy intersection.

There's a path up ahead, winding down beneath overhanging trees.


dark

green

cool

rippling water

red rocks

wending path

waterfalls


it's a little bit of paradise, hidden between the houses and roads


it's a wilderness inside the town...


it's so beautiful it almost hurts




To think I nearly missed seeing it because I wanted to be on my computer!


We ended up walking for about an hour, and I was kicking myself for not bringing a camera. (I'm going back, don't worry!)



Thinking about it tonight, I realized something.



I'm sitting here, perfectly contented with my life, quite busy, quite happy, and I don't need to be bothered, thanks.


But God is saying "Come walk with Me. I want to show you something."


And I put it off, find more reasons why I really don't need to, and even though I know there could be a few benefits... why bother?


I have no idea what I'm missing. All He wants is for me to give Him my life, all of it. To follow Him to the end of the earth and back. It will be like nothing I've ever seen. It will be a journey filled with such incredible wonder, glory, majesty, and beauty that I cannot imagine it. It will be to walk side by side with my Creator, my Savior, my Lover, my Lord - to serve Him and know Him and love Him.




What is holding me back from this?








Seeking Him in wonder,

6 thoughts shared:

Erika said...

Thank you for your encouraging, challenging, and inspiring words. How often do we miss incredible walks with God because we are too busy doing what we think we need to do...

I love walks through fields, woods, streams, and hidden surprises - God always walks with me and shows me something new to enjoy - and allows me to enjoy Him in a new way. It is so easy to allow other things to distract us from enjoying Him in this way.

With that - I'm off for an incredible walk. :)

Katherine said...

Awesome post, Katherine! Just the kind I've been wanting to read :)

many many BLESSINGS!!!
Katherine

Katherine Sophia said...

Thank you so much, Erika! I really appreciate your comment. And Amen! :)


And thank you, Katherine! Praise God for how He puts things together! :)

Blessings to you both!

Katherine Sophia said...

Thank you so much, Erika! I really appreciate your comment. And Amen! :)


And thank you, Katherine! Praise God for how He puts things together! :)

Blessings to you both!

Leah Marie said...

it was so amazing! i couldn't believe that by walking a few blocks we could see that! i want to go back now, for a longer time. it was nice seeing you for about 5 minutes, too! :]

Katherine Sophia said...

Isn't that cool, Leah? And yes, it was nice to see you for a moment! :) Hopefully next time I see you it will be for longer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails