Thursday, July 1, 2010

Feeling Ugly Today?

Please don't.







Sometimes our very idea of what beauty is has been tampered with, don't you think?
I have a cedar board in my closet with the words By Design on it. It was originally the bottom of a hamper, but one day I looked at it, and knew I needed to see it more often. (Not that I never empty the hamper, lol, but the hamper broke.) :) Simply remembering those words helped me so much.. Seeing them every day and being reminding that I was designed by God - and that He finds me beautiful!

Psa 45:11 So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.

Isa 61:1-3 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Ecc 3:11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

6 thoughts shared:

Stella Velox said...

Great post. And so true...

The pics in the photoshop video actually looked better in the "original" version than the "retouched" version.

Leah Marie said...

i've seen the first video, but i'd never seen the second one. it's a good reminder not to get caught up in the comparison game, isn't it?

Katherine said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! Just what I needed to hear.

Blessings,
Katherine

Shaynie said...

Wow! Thanks so much for posting those videos. It really is amazing how our society has distorted beauty. We should stop buying into that fake view!

Jessica said...

You are beautiful Kate! Just thought you should know that. :D


Thank you for sharing this.

Katherine Sophia said...

Isn't that crazy, Stella? :P Normal people do not look like that...

Exactly, Leah, especially with pictures! ugh. :)

I'm glad, Katherine! :)

Amen, Shaynie! I think both beauty and ugliness are in the eyes of the beholder, and it's way too easy to pick up the glasses of the world instead of looking at things from God's perspective.

You're welcome, Jessica! And thank you. :) Isn't it amazing to realize that God really did make us all beautiful? It's only our twisted standards and comparisons that must rank and decide on what is the prettiest. I found my psychology book very interesting when it discussed how "beautiful" was defined so differently in other places around the world (and the corresponding psychological/health problems that went along with their definition!) Disregarding all that, though, you're beautiful too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails