Monday, April 26, 2010

So...

I hate exercising.
Blah.
Actually, I love getting outside and enjoying the outdoors and being
healthy and when I'm done I feel SO good!
But... it's work. It's hard. I get hot and sweaty and tired.
And I put it off as long as I can.
(i.e. it's 7:29 and I have my tennis shoes on but haven't forced myself out the door yet)
Sitting here, dreading the next 30 minutes, :D I suddenly wondered,
What else do I do that with?
Hmm.
Bible Reading?
Prayer?
Memorization?
Fasting?
All these things are things I love to do
(regarding spending time with God, the hate does not apply here!) :)
yet they are things that I put off because sometimes they are work, or they're uncomfortable, or there is something else I want to do.
What are my priorities?
Do I want to be healthy?
Do I want to be healthy spiritually?
Of course!
Bodily exercise profiteth little
(every bit helps, though, and I'll take all the help I can get!) :)
but these others... I know once I start they are wonderful!
So why don't I just up and do them asap?
Ahem.
I'm heading outside for the nordic track...
and I think I'll take my Bible along.
Isaiah 51:11-16, I should have you memorized by the time I'm hot and sweaty!
Here we go!
:D
*edit*
Therefore, the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion, and everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and mourning shall flee away. I, even I am He that comforteth you; who are thou, that thou shouldst be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man, that shall be made as grass, and forgettest the Lord thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth, and hast fear continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as though he were ready to destroy? And where is the fury of the oppressor? The captive exile hasteth that he may be loosed, and that he should not die in the the pit, nor that his bread should perish. But I am the Lord thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared, the Lord of hosts is His name. And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of my hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, thou art my people.
Now whatever was so hard about that?! I memorized the first 2 1/2 verses earlier, and then bogged down... those last 3 1/2 were fun!
Let's see, I'll go back and italicize what I got wrong.... which, feared, if, hasteneth, fail, mine. It's almost memorized. :)
That half hour went really fast, too!
So, just a reminder, go do what you know you should!
You'll love it when you're doing it! :D
Keep Seeking Him!

7 thoughts shared:

Jessica said...

Keep it up Kate!

Can do mom said...

Such a good reminder for all of us! You're a great example Lily! :)

Katherine Sophia said...

Thanks, Jessica! Miss you already! :(

Thank you, CDMom! Your comments are always so encouraging! :D

Mac and Kat said...

Wonderful post!

I have awarded you at my blog!!

beautifulelegantdesigns.blogspot.com

God Bless!
~Kat

Felicity said...

Thank you Kate! I read this right when I needed to yesterday and God used it to kick me into having a quiet time with Him that I had been avoiding. And like you said, I loved it while doing it and I'm so glad I did! I knew that would be the case too. . . but it was helpful to read the reminder on your blog and just think to myself, "Just do it. Right now." :)

Katherine Sophia said...

Thanks again, Kat! :)

I'm so glad, Felicity! This is a reminder I need so often myself...

Anonymous said...

ha, I am going to test my thought, your post bring me some good ideas, it's truly amazing, thanks.

- Murk

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails