Sunday, April 25, 2010

On friends...




Do you think God plays a role in friendship? Most definitely! Those friendships that are based upon God, that have Him as center, and where we pray for each other are the friendships that last, that grow, and that have changed my life.
What is your definition of a true friend? Um... let's see. :) A true friend is one who knows you, cares about you... likes you! :) Someone who is not afraid to tell you if you're doing something wrong, but someone who is not judgemental or shocked by your personal conviction differences.
Someone whose friendship leads you closer to the Lord.
Do you think friendship is important? Why or why not? Yes. Because it is. :) Ok, because... we were made to have a relationship, one that Jesus Christ described as friendship, with God. When God made Adam, He said it was not good for man to be alone - even though He Himself was there and walked with Adam (and Eve) in the garden. A three-fold cord is not quickly broken, we "sharpen" our friends like iron, etc. etc! Being friends with those in your family is also very important - family lasts your life, unlike most friendships. A person alone is probably the most unhappy and terrible thing on earth, if you think about it. Without friendship, what is there, really? A relationship with God is most importatn, obviously, but even with that, we do need others in our lives.
Do you think there is a difference between a friend and a best friend? There are certainly levels of friendship. I say things to some friends that I would not dare to say to other friends, because one would understand and the other would be shocked - because they don't know who I am as well. I never really liked the idea of having a "best friend" when I was little, probably because of a co-op assignment where we had to draw a picture of our best friend, and the girl I picked drew a picture of someone else, and no one drew a picture of me. :D (Such are the things that shape our lives... Off topic and kidding, here.) :) I think perhaps the idea of best friends that one gets from things like Betsey~Tacy or Anne of Green Gables may be a little misleading. I have since discovered, though, that there is such a thing as sisters seperated at birth... :D
What is your definition of a true best friend? What I said about a true friend. :) Only, I think to be true best friends, you need common interests, common goals... you need to be at similar places in your life. And spending a lot of time together - how can you be friends with someone you're not in contact with? (haha, e-mail counts, btw!)
What kind of friend do you want to be? A good one! :) I guess trying to live up to my definitions would be a place to start...
Do you have a favorite saying, quote, or verse concerning friendship? Not one that immediately came to mind, but I had to go look for one. :) Here's a pretty good one:
“You can trust us to stick to you, through thick and thin – to the bitter end. And you can trust us to keep any secret of yours – closer than you keep it yourself. But you cannot trust us to let you face trouble alone, and go off without a word. We are your friends...” - Tolkien
If you could describe your best friend, a friend, or a few friends, as a flower/as flowers, what flowers would they be? Using this link, I thought of my little brother immediately for Azaleas - he lives dangerously... (He almost broke his finger shutting it in a door last week - the doctor called again after he'd been wearing a splint for 2 days, and said after going over the x-rays again, he was ok.) :D
Hmmmm.... and I shall be delighted if someone gives me a camellia. (Seriously. Wouldn't you love that?) :D
The others didn't really click, though... let's see.







My little sister is a violet, sweet and little and shy and beautiful.







My little brother is actually a dandilion, sunny and bright and everywhere at once and incredibly annoying and awesome.





My other brother (he's not big and he's not little - he's the other brother. :D) is a cactus flower, prickly but strangely understanding and sweet, harder to see, but wonderful once you catch a glimpse:





And my big brother is... Hmm. Hard to describe. :) Let's just go with this:(blue bell tunicate??)


:D I don't know why that reminds me of him, but it suddenly does. Different every moment but always my big brother... :)
Haha, go look at my sidebar, and see if there is any resemblance between these flowers and their baby pics. :D That's all I have time for, otherwise I'm finding this flower-friend idea kind of fun... :) Thanks for doing this, Katherine!

5 thoughts shared:

K.M. Weiland said...

Love the flower descriptions! Highly original.

Katherine said...

Thank you Katherine S! I love your answers- they are really good and insipring, and I agree with you on all accounts! Especially the shocking and best friend things.(newsubject noun ;))

Blessings,and thanks again,
Katherine

Milli said...

The dandilion one cracked me up:] Awesome post and friendship!

Jessica said...

Aw this is sweet and cool. I like it...maybe I will try it when I have more time. Giggle.

Love you friend...you are just like a white lily,(cryptic smile). Pure and sweet and all that is good. Have a beautiful day smelling the flowers.

Katherine Sophia said...

Thank you, K.M.! I had fun with that. :D

It was a great idea, Katherine! :)

Thanks, Milli! And that brother cracks me up all the time. :D

Looking forward to it, Jessica! :) And thank you! :) Lilies have always been my favorite flowers... ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails