Monday, April 5, 2010

Last week I read something by Oswald Chambers (I'm reading My Utmost for His Highest, so if it seems like I quote him a lot... well, I never read it before) :D) and it was talking about looking for Jesus in everything we do - seeing Him everywhere in our life.



And, I thought it was kind of cool, but the things I mentioned HERE somehow seemed to all tie together. All week long I kept on noticing the same thing...



Like I said, I was an extra in a movie. And each scene was done over and over and over and over and over until it was right. The director was super nice and kept everybody going, giving suggestions and ways to do better to them all - and we spent 7 1/2 hours doing 3 scenes. :)


I went flying. And I landed and landed and landed and landed until I could land that thing nicely. (Ahem. After like 15 months of not flying!) The instructor was very good at explaining what to work on and how to improve my flying the whole time - I won't say how long it took me to get my 3 good landings. :D


And I watched a professional horse trainer ride my horse. And circle her and circle her and circle her until she was listening and responsive and doing what he wanted - which IMO actually didn't take that long. (She learns faster than I do. Is this a good thing? hmmmm. Anyway.)



And I was thinking about all these things...

God is in charge of my life.

And as my director/instructor/trainer, He wants my life to turn out well.

I might mess up a lot, but because He loves me so much, He patiently shows me how to improve and works with me, teaching me how to be more like Him. He will never give up on me, or get mad that I'm not "doing it right" yet.

Instead,
"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6),

I can keep going, knowing that
"A just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again" (Proverbs 24: 16)

Not that I can just shrug it off - we're trying to get the movie/landing/horse's response perfect, that's the whole reason we keep doing it.

But
"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you." (Philippians 3:12-15)


It is so awesome to know He is always there, Risen and Alive, so loving and so ready to direct me, help me, and teach me as I follow Him.




Keep seeking Him!


4 thoughts shared:

marissa said...

I need to reread MUFHH I remember always having great realizations also. Love your insights

Katherine Sophia said...

Thanks for commenting! I have to admit, I just love the way Chambers puts things. :) Something about him and Amy Carmichael...

Felicity said...

Very encouraging post! Thank you so much.

Katherine Sophia said...

Isn't God good?! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails