Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

This week I have been realizing again the absolutely incredible, amazing, incomprehensible, everlasting, perfect, beautiful, unimaginable, awesome, saving
love of God.

Jesus Christ died for me.

Who else has done that?

He gave up Heaven for over 30 years - to become a man, to live among men, to be hated, scorned, to feel pain, anguish, and death, although He did nothing to deserve any of it - for me.


It was not so much these things that struck me this week though.

It was Ezekiel 6:9 -

And they that escape of you shall remember me among the nations whither they shall be carried captives, because I am broken with their whorish heart, which hath departed from me, and with their eyes, which go a whoring after their idols: and they shall lothe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.

It was the fact that God Himself, Perfection, Holiness, Awesome Power, Glory, and Majesty, Creator of Light and Beauty, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation...


HE is broken by my lack of relationship with Him. By my distractedness, my love for other things, my forgetfulness of fellowship with Him - these things break His heart!

That's how much He loves me. Loves us.

He is willing to be heartbroken over us.

I am not worthy of His love at all, let alone this great love as I stumble and fail Him.

He will never forsake me, though. No matter how I fall, His love endures.

He cares enough about me, about knowing me, about my faithfulness to Him, that it actually breaks His heart when I cut myself off from Him. He longs to bring me back, to turn me... and when I ask Him, He will do this.

He will restore me to Himself, prepare me to see Him face to face, enable me to live vibrantly in Him right now. What do I have to offer Him? Nothing but what He has given me. Yet He wants me to know Him, as friends! You know, friendships that are one-sided generally don't last very long. Yet He wants our friendship to last for eternity! Can you imagine loving someone comepletely different from your perfection (someone sinful, wicked, utterly unworthy) - to the point of heartbreak when they treat your gift as something of little worth?

He is so absolutely good and wonderful! How can He love us so much?

0 thoughts shared:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails