Monday, February 8, 2010

Real Tag

If you could have one thing -- whatever you wanted, what would it be?

One thing I've desired of the Lord... To be able to make God known - to glorify Him with my life.

If you were given time everyday in which you had to pray for one person -- and always the same one-- who would it be?

Right now it would be one of my brothers.

Are you committed to praying for that person every day?

Actually... not really. I generally will not commit to do things - it is better never to make a vow than to make one and break it, you know? Praying for that brother each day is a goal I have, but not a commitment I've made. Actually, I want to pray for each person in my family every day, it's just that sometimes certain members need more prayer than others. :)

If you could accomplish one specific task in life, what would it be?

Same as number one - glorify God with my life.

If you could pick one character trait -- the only one you get -- for yourself, what would it be?

But the greatest of these is love.

If you could do only one thing all your life, what would it be?

Show people my Savior and make them want to know Him.

What is your favorite attribute of God?

His infinite, everlasting, unfathomable, incredible, wonderful, matchless, perfect Love.

What is one thing you struggle with in your walk with God the most?

Self. Why is it so stubborn in refusing to die?

What is one thing God has been teaching you lately?
The latest thing was today when I took some extra time to pray... it is so wonderful to talk to Him and spend time with Him, and I have not been doing it enough. I allow reading the Bible and praying to become quick to-do's so easily! My time with Him is good - but it is so much better when I focus on Him and listen, instead of just making sure I get it in.
What is one way in which God has shown you, personally, His abundant grace?

One way... well...knowing that He is directing my life has been so wonderful these past few years. So many what looked like random circumstances in my life have arisen and then suddenly become a great blessing! One was that in 10th grade I was going to take AP Biology class at high school, but somehow I never got around to enrolling. That October our great-grandma came to our house very ill. The month was taken up with helping her, and in the months following her death I did not enjoy my schoolwork at all and had a hard time motivating myself to get anything done. Trying to picture all of that happening while I was taking a college-level biology course at a school 25 minutes away (and needing a ride there and back each day), having to work like crazy on a hard class when I was missing my great-grandma - yuck. Another is that, instead of graduating last year, I stayed in school an extra year. After deciding to do that, we found out that my grandma had cancer. Since I was not already in college, I was able to stay with my grandparents for about four months during her chemo and help her out. Also, this extra year has given me more time to figure out what I want to do... and so I am still living with my grandparent's, getting residency requirements filled and spending time with them! The year before I got Rio and was able to keep her at home while her leg healed, which I never could have done this year... Just the way the past few years have fit together gets me excited to see what God has planned for me in the next few!

What is your favorite Bible verse? Why?

Right now I really like a combination of Philippians 2:15-16, Matthew 5:14, Proverbs 11:30, and Daniel 5:3.
Phil 2:15-16 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life;
Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Pro 11:30 ...he that winneth souls is wise.
Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

These verses remind me of the meaning of my name (which is bright light consecrated to God) and my purpose in being on earth.

What is your favorite book of the Bible? Why?

The book of Daniel. I love the whole backdrop of the Babylonian Empire, and the absolute fearlessness of Daniel and his friends as they show the known world at the time who their God is.

What is the most painful trial God has given you? What have you learned from it?

Probably some health issues that really bothered me for a while during the past few years. I learned that we don't understand so many things until life gets harder. That God answers prayer. That no matter what is going on in my life, with my health, or anything, He is my Rock and my Comforter. I learned to love Him more. And saw that I needed to grow up a whole lot more! :)

What is the greatest blessing God has given you?

Besides salvation, :) I'd have to say my family. I can't imagine having any other!

What is your biggest temptation?

I'm not really sure... unfortunately the one that comes to mind immediately is wasting time.

What is your most current praise of God?

I did well on my first English Quiz! I'm spending time with my family! It's beautiful outside!

I tag: Charity Anne,
Jessica,
and
Emily Anne!

2 thoughts shared:

Felicity said...

Thank you for doing the tag! It lets me get to know you better, and it challenges me to love God even more when I read your answers. God is so good!
I especially liked this:
"The latest thing was today when I took some extra time to pray... it is so wonderful to talk to Him and spend time with Him, and I have not been doing it enough. I allow reading the Bible and praying to become quick to-do's so easily! My time with Him is good - but it is so much better when I focus on Him and listen, instead of just making sure I get it in."
That's just what I needed to hear. . . again. :)

Jessica said...

Thanks for the Tage Kate it was great fun and very insightful it stopped and made me think long hard and seriously about some things and I really appreiceate that! Also love the testimony you shared throughout this entire tag thank you for being a oure concecreated light for Him, you brighten my days and encourage me with your insights and wisdom. Love you Kate

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails