Sunday, January 3, 2010

Last week I got to see a very close friend whom I had not seen for months and months. We had been e-mailing back and forth a lot - I have like 132 e-mails from her in my inbox right now... but we hadn't talked on the phone or seen each other in ages. Yet when I got to her house, it was back like when we had seen each other every week! We talked the entire afternoon until I had to leave. And it was so much fun to actually see her in person, talk about a million different subjects, and open the long-waiting presents we had gotten to give each other! :)

Afterwards I was thinking over how much I had enjoyed it - and suddenly I thought how much more! If it is this wonderful to see a friend after a few months of only e-mail... What will it be like to see Christ Himself?! After years of only prayer and His Word, to see Him face to face will be so incredible I can't imagine it. Can you picture the joy of that meeting? How quickly eternity will pass when we see Him as He is!
How wonderful to think that "When we've been there ten thousand years... bright shining as the sun. We've no less days to sing God's praise... then when we've first begun." And to picture: "Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them! Revelations 7:15

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1 Corinthians 13:12

1 thoughts shared:

Jessica said...

Wow how sweet and though provoking. I LOVED spending time with you too. SO MUCH FUN!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails