Friday, March 13, 2009

Glorious~ Hebrews 1:3- Jesus is the “brightness of His glory”. (Brightness= appearance, reputation, glory, recognition, renown, honor, splendor, brilliance, glory, attracting the gaze) Jesus is the shining forth of God’s glory, the radiance of the eternal Light. 2 Corinthians 4:2-7- His gospel is glorious, it gives the light of the knowledge of the the glory of God. I need to reflect His light so others can see! “By manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.” If I hide it, I’m hiding it from the lost, those stumbling blindly in the dark. The excellency of the power is of God, not of me. I don’t need to worry about it. Do His work and He’ll give what I need. He gives WHEN I need, not before, so get going! Remember, “Ye are the light of the world… Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven”. If I just do good works, people won’t understand why, but if I’m also reflecting God’s light, then they will glorify God. Psalm 66:2- Make His praise glorious! (Glorious= weight, honor, esteem, glory, majesty, abundance, wealth. Poetically, refers to a soul or a person.) !!!

0 thoughts shared:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails