Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Dayspring

Jesus Christ is the Dayspring from on high. (Luke 1:78) Dayspring: sunrising. He is the new beginning in our life. He is the Light of the world, the light that is supposed to shine in and through us. He makes all things new. The sunrise, the morning, the beginning. Have you ever heard, "It will be better in the morning,"? So often I wait for tomorrow to start over, or next week. I want to do better next month. I decide that this year will be different and I will do what I'm supposed to do. But I don't have to wait for a new day, a new month, or a new year to be "older", wiser, or able to start over. Jesus is the Dayspring, ready every moment to forgive me and give me a fresh start. I can repent instantly of my failures (sins). He is waiting to renew me and give me a "new day" in which to start over again.

0 thoughts shared:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails