Sunday, December 7, 2008

Seeking Him

“Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” “Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.”
I’ve never really applied these to soulwinning, to now. “He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.” “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” This October I attended the first meeting of a Girl’s Discipleship Training Program that meets once a month until spring. Already, I’ve been reminded, encouraged, excited, and ‘sharpened’ to press toward the mark! I realized I have been focusing on what I knew I should do for God, trying to force myself to say or do what I should, and it hasn’t been totally working. While there it hit me. If HE is my focus, my goal, and aim, everything else, including service for Him – witnessing etc.- will come naturally. I need to center my attention on Him, on seeking Him, on knowing Him, on my relationship with Him. God is the one who created me, has a plan for me, and is able to see to it that I accomplish His will. I’ve been trying to do it in His strength, but if I’m not close to Him, how can that work? He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Is Jesus my only Way, the Truth I live by and for, and my very Life? “Christ is all and in all.” “I am the resurrection and the life” “Christ who is our life” All I can say is, “I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.” (Ps. 57:2)

0 thoughts shared:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails