Wednesday, December 10, 2008

An Attribute of God

I love stories. Finding new books enchants me, especially those that are several inches thick. Old legends call me; tales in the making intrigue me. Words enthrall me. Roiling, swift, crimson, ruby, exquisite, radiant, splendor, scroll, captivating, dainty, whirling, obsession, crushingly, unfaltering, infuriating, dizzy, glorious, lovely, astonishing, sapphire, glimmering, gorgeous, indigo, unpredictable, shimmering, perfect, swirling, always, soaring, scarlet, sacrifice, wispy, never-ending… Sentences stay with me: “The hills are alive, with the sound of music.” “You don’t want me! You don’t want me because I’m not a boy!” “He’s not a tame lion.” I love reading fiction, and writing my own.
Yet with all this, my favorite story is true. The Lord God is the Author. The story starts, “In the beginning” as all good stories do! It ends with a word that means, “trustworthy, surely, so be it”. It is an open ending, because the story is not yet finished. Inside, it tells of The Word, who came down from heaven, the Truth, God Incarnate! He came to show us what this story we are living in is about, as God’s Word to us. It is Autobiographical; The Author is the key person in it. The Book in which it is written so far is life giving and life guiding, the living word of God!
God is a Writer. Over and over, the Bible refers to the “book of life”. Also, the “book which thou hast written”, the “book of the wars of the Lord”, the “book of the law”, and the “book of the living”. Job cries, “Oh, that one would hear me! Behold, my desire is, that the Almighty would answer me, and that mine adversary had written a book.” David asks if his tears are not “in thy book?” He adds, “In thy book all my members were written… when as yet there were none of them.” There is a “book of remembrance... for them that fear the Lord, and that thought upon His name.” Isaiah is told, “Now go, write it before them in a table, and set it in a book, that it may be for the time to come forever and ever”.
The Author knows what He is writing. He does not write from an outline, nor without any idea of what happens next. He is perfect; the story will end right. It might not be a “happy” ending, as we see it, but in the end we will know the story was good! The characters are all different. Each has a specific part in His story. There are plots, surprises, sub-plots, mysteries, romances, plot twists, everything! Yet every little piece is part of a whole- The Author does not include irrelevant details. It is written that all things work together for good to them that love God.
To me, God’s Authorship is a reminder of Who is in charge of my life story. It is a comfort to read what He has written so far, in my life as well as in the Bible. It is a reminder that I am simply His character, and what I do needs to line up with Him! If I don’t follow the storyline, I am the one who will miss out. Because The Author is also the Hero, it shows me His awesomeness, and draws me closer to the Main Character. Writer is an aspect I can identify with in that I love to write and to read what others have written. I look forward to seeing how it all turns out! Because He is writing my life, and I am only His character, striving to do His will, I can rest in His care.
It is God, not the author of confusion, but of peace, who is writing my life, as is says in 1 Corinthians 14:33. Jeremiah 29:13 tells that the Lord’s plans are for good, and not for evil. While the story is for His glory, it brings pleasure forevermore to His characters. The story has only one Hero, but I have a chance to serve Him with my life. He is the Author of eternal salvation, the Author and finisher of my faith, the One who saved me and who is now sanctifying me. When at last the story ends, it will only be the beginning of another. “And they lived happily ever after…”

4 thoughts shared:

Rosalie Faith Grant said...

Love this post! The words are used like a beautiful masterpiece of art.
Glad to hear who is writing your story!

J.R.M. <><

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

LadyPenWarrior said...

I found you through Pinterest, and I was so excited. A fellow Pen Warrior! It delights and encourages me to no end when I find others out there who understand the true power of story and are determined to use it to bring Glory to God.

I am very much going to read through the story section of your blog with great anticipation. May the Lord our divine King guard and guide your heart and pen from now until the day when we need fight no longer.

~Penny

Katherine Sophia said...

Thank you so much for your comment, Penny! It is always good to hear from others who see stories as I do, and understand how greatly they can be used. Praying blessings on you and your writing as well!

~Katherine Sophia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails